We always have a large number of postdocs around at Caltech (we usually have ~20+), and this year is no exception. Our application site just went live, so please help me spread the word. We have (multiple) postdoc openings in all of the following areas in CMS:
- The von Karman Postdoctoral Instructorship Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics
- The DOLCIT (Decision, Optimization, and Learning at Calif. Inst. of Tech.) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- The Center for the Mathematics of Information (CMI) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Linde Postdoctoral Fellowships in Economics and Computation
- IQIM (Inst. for Quantum Information and Matter) Postdoctoral Scholars
I am personally looking for postdocs as part of the first four programs. Don’t worry too much about which program is best suited for you when you apply, the backend of the application site is unified so that all faculty can easily see all the applicants. Just be sure to mark the names of the faculty that you are most interested in working with when you go through the application process.
I’m generally looking for postdocs in the areas of Network Economics, Smart Grid, and Online Algorithms, but a few areas that I’m particularly hoping to find people in are: (i) digital platforms (any flavor of research, from measurement to modeling to economic analysis), (ii) markets surrounding data, (iii) electricity markets for demand response and renewables, (iv) online optimization or, more broadly, online algorithms. So, if you’re interested in these areas please apply (and send me mail)!